Monday, May 4, 2009

The MetroMom puts on a great teleseminar

My recent foray into Twitter (http://twitter.com/thomstrat) has opened up a new source of information for me. But perhaps the best was a teleseminer I sneaked into over the weekend. The MetroMom, Kim DeYoung, runs a business supporting mothers running their own businesses from home. As part of this effort, she put together a teleseminer with 18 different experts in various aspects of running an online business. But, as her target audience is busy moms, she added a helpful twist.

The entire seminar was prerecorded and made available to participants at any time during the two days. Attendees could read the session descriptions and pick which sessions they wanted to attend at the time they could actually attend. Fantastic idea!

Though the seminar was promoted as "for women" I signed up anyway, as the majority of the topics were things I'm interested in with my current business plans. Fortunately it's easy to go "in drag" on the internet. Actually, it didn't matter. My Twitter avatar is very obviously male, and I tweeted about many of the sessions I attended. I got persona responses from DeYoung and several presenters, and no one said anything.

I was very impressed. This was a high-quality seminar--for free! DeYoung is a great interviewer, and her experts were...well, expert. There was a lot of good information given. Yet I could see how the seminar could have been so much less than it was if DeYoung hadn't worked hard to provide substance. As it was, the seminar reflected very well on all who presented, and even more so on DeYoung.

Great concept, great execution. I give it two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment